Achieving the transition.The second SD-WAN Summit will take place from the 26th to 28th September 2017 in Paris CDG.
The most eminent experts will bring answers to the following questions: What is an SD-WAN service? When a provider can be called « SD-WAN » provider?
As a participant operator puts it: « You can’t replace a network with 43 VRF, 5 classes of QoS, etc. by an IPsec VPN tunnel over the Internet ».
So when it comes to co-existence with MPLS, how do you manage a smooth transition to SD-WAN in different real situations?
How to implement a solution with 2 or more SD-WAN providers?
As stated by another telco : « Using SD-WAN and the Internet is one thing. Achieving performance is another. How do we maintain quality of service? »
The agenda: technological challenges, operators and enterprises case studies, security and management issues
The EANTC WorkshopThe conference starts with a workshop addressed by the EANTC. This session covers key SD-WAN design requirements, solution parameters, implementation pitfalls, based on test results and live demo.
Conference technical sessionsRenowned experts will address the main remaining technical challenges:
- SD-WAN technical implementation options
- Service capabilities and consumption
- Application recognition and classification
- Performance monitoring and traffic steering
- Security and scalability issues
- Management and orchestration
- Future directions
Panels & round tables: Internet underlay, NaaS, SD-WAN standardsThe main panel will tackle the following questions:
- Is SD-WAN to become the swiss army knife of the network or just one service among others running on a uCPE device?
- Is the internet a viable underlay or must we work on automating Ethernet/MPLS underlay?
- Is SD-WAN that next generation service or is it a compromise while Telco’s play catch-up?
- Where are Telco’s on the journey to NaaS?
- What sort of control are they handing over to the end-customer and what needs to happen to progress this?
Other round tables will address the following subjects:
- SD-WAN integration with NFV & SDN
- Standard interfaces or proprietary?
- SD-WAN at the Edge
- HW vs. SW, capabilities of SD-WAN edge devices
Telco deployment experiences session
- What are the organisational challenges for telcos?
- What are their main technological challenges and how they are addressed?
- Does SD-WAN need a standard? At least, interop between SD-WAN solutions supporting SP off net scenarios?
Hear testimonies from Verizon, Orange, BT, Colt, Telia, Exponential E
Enterprises expectations session
As reported by an enterprise representant who will testimony during the conference : « There are so much providers using SD-WAN as a marketing statement while they do not offer a real SD-WAN solution ». Enterprise representants (Interroll, Carrefour) will describe their current deployment challenges in terms of performance, orchestration, VNF implementation, etc.
A special effort will be made to bolster the participation of enterprises. They will be able to exhibit their strategies and expectations by business sector (industry, bank & finance, distribution/transport, etc.).
Public Multi-Vendor TestThe European Advanced Networking Test Center will organize a public multi-vendor test and showcase at the SD-WAN Summit 2017. Together with participating vendors, the EANTC will exhibit what is feasible in SD-WAN today and how service provider and enterprises can benefit from the displayed solution.
- Multi-Tenancy Management
- User Portal Management
- Cloud Migration
- Endpoint Configuration
- Endpoint and LEP Link Resiliency
- Performance Monitoring
- Service Chaining & Elasticity
The solutions will be demonstrated live at the Paris conference. Successful results will be published in a report.
SDx Central Feed
The 2016 edition: more than 280 participants
More than 280 participants attended the first Edition of the SD-WAN Summit in September 2016. This largely successful event confirms that SD-WAN technology holds extremely interesting potential today and in the coming years.
Enterprises, Service Providers, Integrators and equipment Vendors attended the Conference.
Participant profile: more than 50% SPs & EnterprisesA survey of conference-goers shows that service providers (35%) and enterprises (16%) represented more than 50% of the delegates. Consultancy firms and analysts were also in attendance, making up 11% of the participants.
2017 Scientific Committee