2020 AGENDA TECHNICAL TUTORIALS
- Registration and welcome coffee from 07.30
- Start of the First Tutorial 08.30
- Exhibition open from 08.00 to 19.00
- Seated Lunch: 12.30
Broadband Forum coordinates a deep dive workshop into the current state and future of 5G transport.
Areas covered include:
- Update on the state of 5G transport technology and standards development work being down at Broadband Forum
- Description of concurrent work in other organizations like IETF, IEEE, ITU, and others
- Market drivers
- Architecture considerations
- Use cases and examples
- Network slicing
- Fixed/mobile convergence
Describing how ETSI addresses the network transformation challenge being faced and what the core ETSI Technical Bodies are providing to the industry
- Addressing the common framework for management of virtualized network environments as defined by NFV and extended to the distributed edge with public-cloud aspects by MEC.
- Discussing how ENI solutions can be deployed within or across network domains to optimize the processing of data, extract knowledge, and thus enable decision making.
- Demonstrating the work of ZSM in bringing all these and other technologies together into a single automated management framework.
With the MEF 3.0 global services framework, MEF is focused on defining, delivering, and certifying dynamic and assured services across a global federation of automated networks. The combination of standardized overlay SD-WAN services and high-performance underlay connectivity services will enable service providers to offer MEF 3.0 hybrid networking solutions that deliver a superior user experience.
Providing a progress update on MEF 3.0 SD-WAN, Carrier Ethernet, Optical Transport, IP, and security services that will be orchestrated over programmable networks using LSO APIs.
- MEF 3.0 Services Overview
- Undelay Services:
- MEF 3.0 Optical Transport Services
- MEF 3.0 Carrier Ethernet Services
- MEF 3.0 IP Services
- Overlay Services:
- MEF 3.0 SD-WAN Services
- Application Security for SD-WAN Services
- MEF & 5G:
- Orchestrating 5G Services
MEF’s LSO Reference Architecture guides agile development of standardized LSO APIs that enable end-to-end automation of MEF 3.0 services across multiple providers and over multiple network technology domains. Inter-provider LSO Sonata APIs, for example, enable service providers to transition from operating as independent islands to being integral players in a worldwide federation of cloud-like networks supporting dynamic services across multiple providers.
Exploring major initiatives involving LSO Sonata, LSO Presto, LSO Legato, and other LSO interface reference points that facilitate not only service provider transformation and federation, but will also extend service orchestration to 5G mobile networks, cloud players, and enterprise customers for a seamless on-demand, application-aware networking experience.
End-to-End Service Automation
- LSO Framework & API Standardization at Multiple Interface Reference Points
- Inter-Provider Automation with LSO APIs
- Intra-Provider Automation with LSO APIs
- Automation of LSO APIs using Intent-Based Networking
MEF’s service, technology, and professional certification programs are designed to accelerate availability and adoption of MEF 3.0 solutions that comply with the highest industry standards for performance, assurance, and agility.
Providing an update on major service and technology certification programs, including MEF 3.0 CE, MEF 3.0 SD-WAN, and MEF 3.0 LSO Sonata. Overviewing MEF’s family of vendor-neutral professional certifications that include: MEF Carrier Ethernet Certified Professional (MEF-CECP), MEF SD-WAN Certified Professional (MEF-SDCP), MEF SDN/NFV Certified Professional (MEF-SDN/NFV), and MEF Network Foundations Certified Professional (MEF-NF).
MEF Certification - Accelerating MEF 3.0 Adoption
- Technology and Services Certification
- MEF 3.0 CE Certification
- MEF 3.0 LSO Sonata Certification
- MEF 3.0 SD-WAN Certification
- Professional Certification
- Digital Services Expertise – The New MEF-SDCP, MEF-CECP & More
Networking Drinks Reception
Series of live demonstrations on stage of the main functionalities of OSM, with particular focus on the newest functionalities added to the system, such as:
- Cloud-native Network Functions, running on Kubernetes
- Real-time monitoring of Network Services
Pål Grønsund, Senior Research Scientist at Telenor, ETSI OSM Vice Chair
Gerardo Garcia de Blas, Expert at Telefonica, OSM TSC member
Tytus Kurek, Cloud & NFV Product Manager at Canonical, OSM Member
Mats Eriksson, CEO at Arctos Labs, OSM Member
Mats is CEO and Senior Consultant with more than 30 years experience from the telecoms & cloud sector. His contributions span systems engineering, research, service development, and product and business management. Mats is currently the CEO and co-founder of Arctos Labs – a cloud transformation consultancy firm that helps their clients transform their business into the cloud. He has been leading development of service orchestration projects as well as embedded SW architectures.
The tutorial covers end to end machine learning including deep learning techniques applied to Network Data.
The goal is to share a methodology that sketches all the steps from raw data transformation and visualization to model generation and application including performance evaluation.